Friday, March 11, 2011

Egg Tarts at Canton-I And Tong Kee

Recently I went for a hunt for egg tarts around KL and Selangor area and I decided to try this 2 place as recommended by my friends. The first one was the egg tart from Canton-I located at The Gardens Midvalley.


The egg tart from Canton-I is really crispy and the texture is soft. Canton-I egg tarts are similar to the ones sold at Hong Kong.


On the same day itself, I went to try out a different egg tart at a famous outlet in Bandar Puchong Jaya. Tong Kee is famous for its egg tarts and also some other bakeries items. The outlet is just opposite the IOI Boulevard and it is quite easy to spot.


I tried out the butter egg tarts and the taste is totally different from the ones at Canton-I. The texture and the shape is also different. The taste is sweeter and its bigger in size.


Each of this egg tart has its own specialty in taste and it depends on the individual. Comparing both of this, I would say I prefer the ones from Tong Kee as the taste is better and cheaper.

Canton-I is located at:
The Gardens, Mid Valley City,
LG 202 & 203A
Lower Ground Floor

Tong Kee is located at:
16, Jalan Kenari 8,
Bandar Puchong Jaya,
47100 Puchong, Selangor.
Tel : 03-80711777

No comments:

Post a Comment