Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A day at Petaling Street

A few weeks ago, Matta Fair was held at PWTC so me and my friends decided to have a look at the packages that will be offered there. We went there in the morning and found out there were not much to see so we decided to go around Petaling Street to find some good food for our lunch. It has been a while since I came here. Anyway we started our lunch with wantan mee at Koon Kee.




The wantan mee tasted good but I found it is a bit too oily. Besides wantan mee, it also serves chicken rice here but we didn't try it out. Our next stop will be the Hokkien fried noodle at Kim Lian Kee. This restaurant was established a few decades ago and it is still famous till now.



The Hokkien fried noodle is famous around the patrons around the area but maybe I am not into oily food so I just found it to be just ok. Nevertheless, this restaurant offers lots of variety in the menu that we have seen. Our last stop will the the Claypot Chicken Rice at Hong Kee.




Well, perhaps I can see this is the best among the 3 food that I have tasted. The Claypot Chicken Rice really tasted nice and it has the combination of chicken and and 'Lap Cheong' (dried pork sausage). Our stomach were already full after this third visit so we decided to make a stop and perhaps we will be back again next time to taste more food.

Petaling Street is located at Jalan Petaling, Kuala Lumpur and it can easily be reached through the LRT at the Plaza Rakyat Station.

1 comment:

  1. long time no eat KoonKee wantan mee, really miss it :P~

    ReplyDelete